Saturday, September 5, 2009

A three day weekend!

Labor Day is upon us, and that means that Summer is officially over. This time of year always makes me sad. This means the days become shorter and the weather becomes colder. But on the plus side my daughter, Samantha is off on Monday and I get to sleep in! And I think my husband, Bill is off too.

I know I am bad of keeping up with this blog; maybe I should find the time to write something every other day or so. So what have I been up to lately? Crocheting a little throw for Samantha.It has taken me about a month to get to this point. It is a hexagon granny pattern that I found on a blog by Sarah London. I wished I could link you to the pattern, but I think she had invited certain people to read her blog. I have read that outsiders were leaving nasty comments, and obscene pictures. It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the rest. Anyhow, I am using Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Shocking Pink, Petal Pink, Orchid, and Plum Pudding. I am joining as I go and weaving the ends when I am joining in new colors-that way I don't have a gazillion of threads to sew in. The only threads I have to weave in is after I complete the hexagon granny. I think it's gonna be a nice throw when it is finished. Maybe she will use it when the air becomes cooler!

Well I should get up from the rocker and get her things packed-Samantha was invited to a sleepover at her friends house.